May 9, 2013

Spring Layers

Photos by Nicolette

I've recently received many emails asking me to answer questions about my blog, style, and life for different websites. One of the questions that keeps reappearing is "what is your favorite item in your closet?" I was finding it difficult to answer because I love so many of my pieces. I then decided to take a different approach to the question, asking myself what could I not live without? Immediately, my black vintage blazer vest came to mind. I can't tell you how many times I've thrown it over leather jackets, dresses, t-shirts, practically everything and anything. It serves the purpose of giving me my usual sartorial look, and adds some light layers which I always love. This particular vest that I shot above ^ happened to be a denim jacket that I cut the sleeves off of. My point to that little diy is that obtaining a similar look might be easier than you think.
Anyway, I find vests are extremely practical for warm weather layering and can be easily used in the colder months as well. I just received a blazer vest from Growze in the mail and I can't wait to incorporate it into my wardrobe. Think about how you can create your own mixed media jacket or look just by layering a vest over it. Trust me, it works!

Shop Vests:

Post a Comment