December 24, 2012

Chocolate Peppermint Sugar

Life is so much better when there are good cookies around. Upon discovering this recipe on the Pinterest page of Refinery29, I knew it must go down for the holiday. I'm a cookie monster so for those of you that personally know me, this should be no surprise. My brotha from anotha motha, John, helped me bake these little bad boys and he also helped me eat them. The process is pretty self explanatory in the photos but for a more descriptive breakdown check the original Refinery29 post here. Keep in mind these can be made with many contents that are already hiding in your kitchen. This means, if you've got to bring goodies to a relative's house tonight, these might be a good last minute treat! 
Ingredients: 
2 ¾ cups flour 
1 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp baking powder 
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted or softened 
1 ½ cups sugar 
1 egg 
1 tbsp vanilla extract 
1 cup chocolate chips of your choice 
½ cup crushed candy canes 

Preheat oven to 375. Combine all dry ingredients and whisk well.
Friends, family, tunes, & cookies.
Photography by my lovely sissy Nicolette Milano

A cookie recipe and holiday post created by yours truly. Find yourself jamming to my holiday playlist while eating all of the cookie dough and candy canes before you even put anything in the oven <- at least that's what I did. A mix of Christmas music and Motown to get you in the mood. Happy holidays!


Post a Comment