November 27, 2011

Circles & Squares


Resurrection is a beautiful thing.
I have a habit of going through phases with just about everything. These two pieces have been sitting in my closet and I've decided its time to resurrect.

My inspiration and obsession came from the geometric shoes in Balenciaga's fall 2010 collection, and thanks to Jeffrey Campbell I was able to get a similar pair for an affordable price. They don't share the color blocking aspect of that collection but I don't mind because it makes them a lot easier to mix into everyday wear. Love their deceivingly casual look from the front and super square, geometric detail in the back. They're also very comfortable, no lie. Thank you JC.

The red dress, a random buy in American Apparel last spring. It's a midi pencil dress with a deep v-neck and thick straps that cross in the back. American Apparel is a great place for basics, and I am all about the basics. Alone it is a great dress but it's a little to cold for that right now so a cropped sweater solved all my problems. Added some socks, JC's, new leather jacket, new circle shades, a scarf, and I'm set. (will post the jacket asap, its amazing.)

Jeffrey Campbell Grayson Boot - NastyGal
American Apparel Cross Back Knit Dress - American Apparel

Post a Comment